Our client who are into manufacturing , are looking to fill the above senior position with the below qualifications.
Qualification : Degree in Engineering – EEE/Mechanical from reputed university
MBA will be an added advantage.
Experience : 8-10 years of experience in markets in the four South Indian states, out of which minimum 5 years should have been in active field selling in the product category of capital equipment. The experience should specifically relate to promoting agency business for various overseas Principals in India for technology and capital equipment sourcing. Experience of interacting with foreign nationals of all ethnicity will be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge of 2 or more languages of the Southern states; preferably Tamil & Knnada; will be necessary.
Location : Chennai, but transferable to other locations
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Ability to understand precisely the prospect/customer requirements – both stated and unstated – through effective listening skills and asking of open-ended questions. Position oneself as a consultative selling partner for addressing customer problems
- Sales & Business development for capital equipment and capital equipment-centred projects involving core equipment sourced from abroad and perepherals sourced domestically
- Development and nurturing of relationships for business development and execution
- Estimation and costing for tenders and project enquiries based on strategic inputs
- Preparation & submission of sound Techno-commercial Business proposals
- Negotiation and Bid Process Management in order to close business
- Ability to engage with foreign nationals/Principals and assimilate new learning and technologies within short time
- Cultural flexibility
- Communication skills of a high order – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Creative problem solving ability; in the sense of continually wanting to open new doors when obstacles present themselves
- Learning orientation and change adaptation
Compensation and designation
Remuneration will be structured commensurate with individual background and qualification and will not be a limiting factor for the right candidate.